Dhaka — The Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) has come up with some tips to avoid being cheated in mobile banking services. The suggestions include:
- In case of hiring an agent or distributor, the names and addresses of the agents, business establishments should be properly checked and selected following the policy of Bangladesh Bank. Names, addresses, business information of the applicants are vetted by the Special Branch of the Police.
- Install high-quality CCTV cameras (with night image capability) in the Dhaka metropolitan area where there are agents or distributors of bKash, U Cash, Mobi Cash and other mobile banking.
- Do not hire agents without a permanent store or business establishment. Also, not to conduct mobile banking activities on the roads, sidewalks, under chairs, and tables under the trees like a frog’s umbrella.
- Names and addresses of agents, business following the policy of Bangladesh Bank in hiring agents or distributors
- Compulsory completion of Know your Customers (KYC) form in case of an application for opening customer account in Mobile Banking. Approval of mobile banking activities after proper verification and selection of the information provided by the customer by the bank.
- In case of cash out, it has been made mandatory to save the required information in the register by taking the picture, name address, national identity card, phone number of those who will cash-out (withdraw money) from the mobile banking center. Provide proper training and awareness guidance to all agents in this regard.
To avoid accidents and risks, all the concerned authorities are requested to take measures for the transfer of money (mobile banking) under the watch of armed vehicles and security guards of private security agencies. If necessary, DMP has also suggested taking DMP’s ‘Money Escort’ service.