market in India to reach Rs 12,046 crore by December 2018: Report

Digital advertising spend is about 16% of the total ad-spends in India which is estimated to be Rs 59,000 crore

Must Read

Top 5 cyber threats CIOs need to be aware of in APAC region

COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the security of businesses and individuals worldwide. CIOs need to be aware of emerging challenges in the APAC region.

ESDS awarded as India’s ‘Best Workplaces for Women 2020’

ESDS Software Solution said that it has been awarded as “India’s Best Workplaces for Women 2020” under the Top 50 category, certified by “Great Place to work” organization

Spanish insurer Admiral Seguros uses AI to assess vehicle damage

Admiral Seguros is using an AI solution, developed by the technology company Tractable, which evaluates vehicle damage with photos sent through a web application.

The spends in India was estimated to be around Rs 9,266 crore at the end of 2017, growing at a rate of 27% over 2016. The growth in spends on digital advertising is expected to continue at a CAGR of 30% to touch Rs 12,046 crore by December 2018. These are the latest findings of the ‘Digital Advertising in India 2017’ report, jointly published by the (IAMAI) and Kantar IMRB. According to the report, Digital advertising spend is about 16% of the total ad-spends in the country (estimated to be Rs 59,000 Cr).

The report finds that Search takes the lion’s share of digital ad spending. 27% of total digital ad spends (Rs 2,502 crore) is made on search. This is followed closely by spends on video and mobile which is around 19% with ad spend being Rs 1,779 crore and 1,761 crore respectively. Spends on social media stand at 18% with ad spend around Rs 1,668 crore and least being display ads with only 16% with total ad spend being only Rs 1,483 crores. Spend on mobile advertising (SMS/In-app ads) also recorded high YoY growth of 34% from Rs 1,314 crore in 2016 to around 1,761 crore in 2017. This is because advertising on mobile is considered to be innovative and conveys the message clearly. Also, in-app Advertising Avenue is currently being explored and used across various industry sectors since it is believed to fetch better monetization.

In terms of total spend, BFSI leads the digital ad-spend with spends around Rs 2022 crore, followed by e-Commerce. A comparison of these verticals in terms of share of spends on Traditional vs. Digital show that BFSI brands incurred the highest share of advertising on digital media with 46% of their overall advertising spends are digital, followed by E-Commerce, Telecom and Travel.

Another interesting trend is the growth of ‘Native ads’ as a popular option. These ads operate as a connector between advertisers and publishers. It solves a problem for them by providing consumers with content that does not disrupt their online experience and is more likely to be seen by them.

Moreover, from a consumer’s perspective, the proportion of Internet users who believe that online ads are informative and that they help them in finding the right product or service they were searching for, is greater than 2016. More importantly, there has been an increase in the number of consumers who felt that relevance of digital advertising has increased.

Subscribe to receive the day's headlines from Tech Observer straight in your inbox

Leave a Reply

*The moderation of comments is automated and not cleared manually by techobserver.in. Embedding of any link and use of abusive or unparliamentary language are prohibited.
- Advertisement -

Latest in TECH

Chiratae Ventures launches 7th edition of Innovators Program

Chiratae Ventures has launched their seventh edition of the Innovator’s Program which include a 5-week foundational initiative for the final set of selected startups through mentorship, customer connects and access to capital
- Advertisement -SAP Hana

Related Articles