Twitter is making Twitter Moments available to everyone in India. While people were able to view Moments from select Twitter partners earlier, they can now make and share Moments and tell their own story. In addition to the Twitter Moments launch, social media firm is making it easier for people to discover the latest Moments across news, entertainment and sports categories with the new Explore tab featuring Moments by Twitter’s Curation team and its partners.
Twitter Moments help people explore and understand the best of Twitter, regardless of who they follow, in an easy-to-use storytelling format. People can simply visit the Explore tab in Twitter or Twitter Lite, where they will discover stories unfolding on Twitter every day.
As new stories emerge, Twitter will add new Moments for these stories to the Explore tab. Here’s how they work:
• When you click into a Moment, you’re taken to an introduction with a title and description.
• Start scrolling to dive right into the story, with immersive images and autoplaying videos and GIFs.
• The progress bar at the bottom indicates how much more each Moment has to offer.
• Engage directly with a Tweet inside a Moment with buttons to retweet and like.
• Like a Moment by hitting the heart button.
• At the end of a Moment, click the share button to Tweet your thoughts, and send it out to your followers.
• Swiping up or down dismisses the Moment and takes you back to the Explore tab.
Moments by the Curation team and Moments India partners will be featured across India in the Explore tab. Some Moments will also be seen around the world in countries such as the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia where Moments are already available. This gives Indians the opportunity to tell their stories globally, sharing the wonderful things that happen every day in the country with the rest of the world. Twitter supports 42 languages including six Indic languages: Hindi, Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, Gujarati, and Marathi.If you have an interesting story to share, please send it to [email protected]