The wait to book Reliance Jio smartphone JioPhone is getting over. The official pre-booking will start at 5.30 pm today all the customers across India. Anybody who wish to own a JioPhone needs to visit the Jio website or MyJio App to pre-book the device. The wait for Reliance Jio Phone is over as the pre-booking for this ambitious device will start from 5.30 PM today. The news was confirmed by Reliance today through its Twitter handle on Wednesday. “The wait is over. India ka smartphone – #JioPhone is here! Pre-booking starts 24th August at 5 PM. #WithLoveFromJio,” Jio had tweeted.
Ever since Mukesh Ambani announced that the Jio Phone will available ‘effectively’ free of cost, there has been a big buzz generated around it. The phone will be available for a refundable security deposit of Rs 1,500 which as per Ambani’s speech will be given back 36 months later. In case, you are wondering how to pre book Jio Phone, this checklist by Reliance will make your job easier:
5 Key checklist before you proceed to pre-book JioPhone today at 5.30 pm
- Make sure that the device you are using for the purpose is fully charged so that the procedure is not stopped in between.
- Pen down the number of family members of friends for whom you have to book the phone. This will help you avoid last moment confusion.
- One problem that we all face while placing an online order is to get the right pin code. Make sure you write it down before starting the booking.
- Keep your Debit/ Credit card with you. Make sure it has sufficient balance for placing the desired order.
- Contain your excitement and take a deep breath. Relax.
Along with the phone, Reliance Jio, the fourth-generation telecom arm of Reliance Industries, will provide unlimited data on the phone for Rs 153 per month. The company is targeting to sell around 4 to 5 million phones every month. The company’s target is to deliver a lakh of handsets per day, which will be done through Reliance Digital outlets and Jio Centres as well as other touch points.
As far as the features are considered, the JioPhone will have a 2-megapixel rear camera and a front VGA camera. It will have a 512 MB RAM and 4 GB internal storage with the option of expanding it to 128 GB using an SD card.