Apple Wallet has incorporated support for PayPal and Venmo credit or debit cards, according to a recent announcement from PayPal. With this update, Apple Wallet users can add their PayPal or Venmo cards to facilitate payments both in-store and online through Apple Pay.
To integrate these cards into Apple Wallet, users need to:
- Open the Apple Wallet application.
- Choose the “add debit or credit card” option.
- Either scan the PayPal or Venmo card or enter the card details manually
- Currently, the cards must be added via the Apple Wallet application.
However, according to PayPal, future updates will allow users to add their cards directly through the PayPal or Venmo apps. Another anticipated update from PayPal indicates the compatibility of the PayPal Business Debit Card with Apple Pay in the forthcoming months.
For in-store payments using Apple Pay, after integrating the card:
- Users double-click the side button of their device.
- Authenticate the transaction using Face ID or Touch ID.
- Hold the iPhone or Apple Watch close to the payment reader.
- For online or app-based purchases, users can select the Apple Pay option at the checkout page.
In addition to this integration, PayPal recently disclosed that their stablecoin, PYUSD, is now accessible on Venmo. The coin, issued by Paxos Trust Company, is backed by U.S. dollar deposits, short-term U.S. Treasuries, and other cash equivalents.