Panasonic has announced the launch of the lumix gh6 — the latest flagship model in the LUMIX G Series — a digital mirrorless camera based on the Micro Four Thirds system standard. According to the company, the camera is equipped with superior processing technology and creative features that enable it to deliver exceptional mobility and video performance to the community of content creators.
The LUMIX GH6 body is priced at Rs 2,34,990 and the lens package with 12-60 f/2.8-4.0 mm lens is priced at Rs 2,79,990. The camera is now available at all Panasonic brand stores across India.
“In the growing needs of video streaming, content creators are more keen on the quality and uniqueness of the video content they provide. To cater to these needs, we have developed LUMIX GH6 with advanced image processing technology to empower content creators with stunning mobility and innovative video performance,” said Fumiyasu Fujimori, Managing Director, Panasonic Marketing India.
“The GH6 additionally introduces new codecs directly to internal camera recording and we hope this feature will be appreciated by creators. I believe LUMIX GH6 can be widely used for various purposes including films, music videos, documentaries and short clips as photo and video hybrid camera,” Fujimori said.
Panasonic stated that the LUMIX GH6's body is made of magnesium alloy. The new 25.2-megapixel Live MOS Sensor features a high-resolution, high-speed signal readout and a broad dynamic range, all of which work in tandem with the Venus Engine to enable faster rendering of high-resolution photographs with natural noise texture and vibrant colour reproduction.
The business claimed that the LUMIX GH6 features V-Log/V-Gamut for the first time and provides 12+ stops of wide dynamic range when using Dynamic Range Boost mode. With dynamic movements and advanced capabilities, the 2D and 3D Noise Reduction technologies increase the visual quality of the video.
Also, the company stated that the LUMIX GH6's autofocus performance has been improved by incorporating a new sensor and image processing engine.
Additionally, LUMIX's intelligent heat management technology enables the camera to record for an extended period of time without overheating. 5.7K 30p video recording in Apple ProRes 422 HQ is now available in LUMIX cameras for the first time, enabling non-linear editing without transcoding.
Panasonic Lumix GH6 Key Features
- Lower minimum ISO sensitivity at ISO 100 [Photo: ISO 50(Extended) – 25600 / Video: ISO 50(Extended) -12800]
- High-precision 5-axis gyro sensor with a new algorithm to achieve 7.5 stops of Body I.S. and Dual I.S.2
- 4K video quality
- 4:2:2 10-bit C4K 60p unlimited video recording time
- FHD maximum 300fps VFR (Equivalent to 12.5x slow motion) enables to reproduce the dynamic motion of the subject
- ProRes 422 using the CFexpress Type B card enables non-linear editing without transcoding
- DCI4K and FHD ProRes 422 HQ and ProRes 422 will also be supported with a future firmware update
- Photo Style settings – “Cinelike D2” and “Cinelike V2”
- USB host capability will be added with a future firmware update, making it possible to write the data directly to the SSD
Mobility and Operation
- High speed burst shooting at 14 (AFS) / 8 (AFC) fps with a mechanical shutter and 75 fps with an electronic shutter
- 3.0-inch free-angle touch-control monitor in 3:2 aspect with 1,840K-dot high resolution
- A large, 3,680K-dot OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) LVF (Live View Finder) features a high magnification ratio of approx. 1.52x / 0.76x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Double card slots – CFexpress card (Type B) and SD Memory Card UHS-II V90
- USB 3.2 Gen 2
- Rechargeable 2200mAh high-capacity battery
Future firmware update
Below functions will be available with future firmware updates.
- DCI4K ProRes 422 HQ / ProRes 422
- FHD ProRes 422 HQ / ProRes 422
- USB-SSD direct recording
- 4K 120p HDMI Video output during Live View
- DCI 4K 120p HDMI RAW Video Data Output to ATOMOS Ninja V+