UPSC ESE 2018 online application for UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2018 begins today at the official website of Union Public Service Commission – www.upsc.gov.in. Every year UPSC conducts Engineering Service Exam to recruit engineers for central government and its ministries. ESE is conducted for Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. Candidates who qualify in this examination are appointed with Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), Central Engineering Service (CES), Military Engineering Services (MES), and others.
The online application form for UPSC ESE 2018 will begin on September 27, 2017 and the last date to submit the forms is October 23, 2017. Admit cards will be available for download from 26th December. The preliminary exam will be held on 7th January 2018. The result of the preliminary examination will be declared within three months after completing the exam. Like all other examinations, the result will be made available on the UPSC website. All the candidates who clear the preliminary examination will have to appear in the main examination followed by an interview before UPSC issue recommendation for appointment.
According to reports, every year over 200000 candidates attempt UPSC Engineering Service Exam for around 500 vacancies. Successful candidates are posted as Assistant Executive Engineers who later with time may reach up to Chairman/Managerial/Director/Secretarial level positions working for the government of India. IES Engineers are posted in various government undertakings in defence, railways, roads, manufacturing, construction, public works, power, telecommunications and other domains.
UPSC ESE 2018 Important Dates
- UPSC ESE 2018 Online Application Start: September 27, 2017
- UPSC ESE 2018 Last Date to Submit Applications: October 23, 2017
- UPSC ESE 2018 Preliminary Exam: January 7, 2018
- UPSC ESE 2018 Main Exam: July 1, 2018
- UPSC ESE 2018 Personality Test/ Interview: November/December 2018
Steps to apply for UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2018
- Go to UPSC official website to online application – upsconline.nic.in
- Click on the first link that says “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC”
- It will take you to a page having details about Examination Notice
- Click on Engineering Service Exam 2018
- If you are new, you will have to register, else you can use your user id and password and start filling the form
- Make the fees payment online
- Submit the form of UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2018