Monday, May 16, 2022
-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-
Tech ObserverNewsGovernanceUS pumps another $200 million in defence aid to Ukraine

US pumps another $200 million in defence aid to Ukraine

The total US security assistance to Ukraine has now swelled over $1.2 billion since January 2021

The total US security assistance to Ukraine has now swelled over $1.2 billion since January 2021

In its latest bid to corner Russia in the war against , the US administration led by President Joe Biden has announced to authorise an additional $200 million for arms and equipment to Ukraine.

“Today, President Biden authorized $200 million for additional arms and equipment to Ukraine. This unprecedented fourth drawdown in less than one year brings the total US security assistance to Ukraine to over $1.2 billion since January 2021,” the White House said in a Tweet.

Biden’s decision brings total US security aid provided to Ukraine to $1.2 billion since January 2021. Meanwhile, Secretary of State Antony Blinken tweeted: “I have authorized a drawdown of up to $200 million for additional arms and equipment to Ukraine. This unprecedented fourth drawdown in less than a year will bring total US security assistance provided to Ukraine to more than $1.2 billion since January 2021.”

According to reports, the $200 million drawdowns will be ‘immediate military assistance to Ukraine’. “Which will include anti-armour, anti-aircraft systems, and small arms in support of Ukraine’s front line defenders facing down Russia’s unprovoked attack,” the White House said.

Earlier Ukraine claimed that Russian forces fired at a convoy that was evacuating women and children in the Kyiv region, killing seven people including one child.

“Russians shot at a column of women and children in Kyiv region, who were trying to evacuate along a previously agreed ‘green’ corridor. The result of this brutal act – seven dead. One of them is a child,” the Ukrainian defence ministry said in a Tweet. Media outlet The Kyiv Independent reported that the attack took place on March 11 as a column of women and children was leaving the village Peremoha in Kyiv Oblast, using the approved corridor.

Meanwhile, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has accused Russian forces of targeting a humanitarian corridor. Ukrainian President’s aide Mykhailo Podolyak said that the negotiations with the Russian delegation are underway in a continuous video format.

Among the top priorities of the talks is expanding and setting up humanitarian corridors, especially for the city of Mariupol, according to the state-run media. However, the delegations met in person three times, with no conclusive results. The last meeting on the Russia Ukraine war took place on March 7.

Subscribe to receive the day's headlines from Tech Observer straight in your inbox

- Advertisement -

Your Comment on this Story

Comments

Share on activity feed

Powered by WP LinkPress

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Subscribe to our Newsletter

83000+ Industry Leaders read it everyday

By subscribing you agree to our Privacy Policy, T&C and consent to receive newsletters and other important communications.
- Advertisement -ESDS SAP HANA Community Cloud
- Advertisement -Digital Senate 2022

RELATED ARTICLES

- Advertisement -