Maharashtra ePass: With Covid-19 cases skyrocketing in the state, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray had imposed a 15-day curfew across the state from the evening of April 14. Although essential services have been exempted under these new restrictions, people who are coming from other states or leaving Maharashtra were facing several challenges.
To streamline the flow of movement, the state police has now reintroduced the e-pass system for inter-state and inter-district travel in “extreme emergency” situations. Any person who wishes to apply for the e-pass will have to do it online via https://covid19.mhpolice.in/ and submit the necessary documents and mention the reason for their extreme emergency travel.
And people who do not have access to an online e-pass system can visit the nearest police station to procure it. The personnel at the police station will help in filling the form and issue the e-pass.
“The e-pass system has been reintroduced from Friday and citizens should use it in case of absolute emergency. This is only meant for the personal use of citizens to facilitate their journey in an emergency,” said Maharashtra DGP Sanjay Pandey.
During the first nationwide lockdown last year, the e-pass system was introduced by the state government for all emergency and essential services, in which lakhs of passes were issued by the police.
Recently, the Mumbai police have introduced the system of issuing colour-coded passes for essential services vehicles. Fresh restrictions on travel, attendance in offices, and wedding functions announced by the Maharashtra government came into force on Thursday night.
For issuing e-passes, the authority of approval or rejection will be the respective District Superintendent of Police Office and Zonal Deputy Commissioner Office in cities. All individuals/groups can apply for Travel Pass through an online platform.
How to apply for COVID ePass in Maharashtra
1) Go to https://covid19.mhpolice.in/
2) Fill in all the details correctly and click on submit. The application form should be filled in English only.
3) Combine all the relevant documents in a single file while uploading
4) The size of the photo should not exceed 200 KB and the size of the relevant document should not exceed 1 MB.
5) After submitting the application, you will receive a token ID. Save it, and use it to check the status of your application
6) After the verification and approval by the concerned departments, you can download the e-pass using the token ID.
The ePass will contain your details, vehicle number, validity, and a QR code. Keep a soft/hard copy with you while traveling and show it to the police when asked. It is a punishable offense to copy, misuse or use it after the valid date or without authorization.