HomeLatest NewsGovernanceUS pumps another $200 million in defence aid to Ukraine

US pumps another $200 million in defence aid to Ukraine

The total US security assistance to Ukraine has now swelled over $1.2 billion since January 2021

Preferred Source of Google

In its latest bid to corner Russia in the war against Ukraine, the US administration led by President Joe Biden has announced to authorise an additional $200 million for arms and equipment to Ukraine.

“Today, President Biden authorized $200 million for additional arms and equipment to Ukraine. This unprecedented fourth drawdown in less than one year brings the total US security assistance to Ukraine to over $1.2 billion since January 2021,” the said in a Tweet.

Biden’s decision brings total US security aid provided to Ukraine to $1.2 billion since January 2021. Meanwhile, Antony Blinken tweeted: “I have authorized a drawdown of up to $200 million for additional arms and equipment to Ukraine. This unprecedented fourth drawdown in less than a year will bring total US security assistance provided to Ukraine to more than $1.2 billion since January 2021.”

Advertisement
Saksham Bharat 2026
Saksham Bharat 2026
A multi-stakeholder dialogue on skilling gap in Cybersecurity, Data Resilience and AI — and the roadmap to a Saksham Bharat.
Register Now →
VeeamON 2026 Tour India - Mumbai
VeeamON 2026 Tour India - Mumbai
A VeeamON 2026 India Leadership Series Mumbai for senior public sector and government technology leaders.
Register Now →
Cyber Surakshit Uttar Pradesh
Cyber Surakshit Uttar Pradesh
Find out strategies, frameworks and solutions for building a resilient and secure digital ecosystem across Uttar Pradesh.
Register Now →
VeeamON 2026 Tour India - Bengaluru
VeeamON 2026 Tour India - Bengaluru
A VeeamON 2026 India Leadership Series Bengaluru for senior public sector and government technology leaders.
Register Now →
VeeamON 2026 Tour India - Delhi
VeeamON 2026 Tour India - Delhi
A VeeamON 2026 India Leadership Series Delhi for senior public sector and government technology leaders.
Register Now →
Infosec Reimagined
Infosec Reimagined
Infosec Reimagined 2026 is the premier information security summit where top leaders—CISOs, CROs, CIOs, CTOs and risk executives—converge to redefine cyber resilience.
Register Now →
Digital Senate
Digital Senate
Digital Senate is a premier conference uniting government leaders, technologists and innovators to share ideas, success stories and strategies on digital governance, public sector transformation, cybersecurity and emerging technologies in India.
Register Now →
CIO Prism
CIO Prism
CIO Prism unites forward-thinking technology leaders to exchange transformative insights, shape digital strategies, and foster innovation, empowering enterprises to excel in an era of rapid technological change.
Register Now →

According to reports, the $200 million drawdowns will be ‘immediate military assistance to Ukraine’. “Which will include anti-armour, anti-aircraft systems, and small arms in support of Ukraine’s front line defenders facing down Russia’s unprovoked attack,” the White House said.

Earlier Ukraine claimed that forces fired at a convoy that was evacuating women and children in the Kyiv region, killing seven people including one child.

“Russians shot at a column of women and children in Kyiv region, who were trying to evacuate along a previously agreed ‘green’ corridor. The result of this brutal act – seven dead. One of them is a child,” the Ukrainian defence ministry said in a Tweet. Media outlet The Kyiv Independent reported that the attack took place on March 11 as a column of women and children was leaving the village Peremoha in Kyiv Oblast, using the approved corridor.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has accused Russian forces of targeting a humanitarian corridor. Ukrainian President’s aide Mykhailo Podolyak said that the negotiations with the Russian delegation are underway in a continuous video format.

Among the top priorities of the talks is expanding and setting up humanitarian corridors, especially for the city of Mariupol, according to the state-run media. However, the delegations met in person three times, with no conclusive results. The last meeting on the took place on March 7.

Get the day's headlines from Tech Observer straight in your inbox

By subscribing you agree to our Privacy Policy, T&C and consent to receive newsletters and other important communications.
Tech Observer Desk
Tech Observer Desk
Tech Observer Desk at TechObserver.in is a team of technology reporters led by a senior editor who brings latest updates and developments from the world of technology.
- Advertisement -
Powered By Veeam Logo
- Advertisement -

Subscribe to our Newsletter

By subscribing you agree to our Privacy Policy, T&C and consent to receive newsletters and other important communications.
- Advertisement -

India to Lead Global IT Security Standards Body for Two Years

India will chair the Common Criteria Development Board from April 2026, gaining influence over international IT security certification standards recognised by 38 countries.

RELATED ARTICLES