Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Tech ObserverBangladeshIndustrybKash ran a campaign against Nagad?

bKash ran a campaign against Nagad?

On February 18, Nagad Senior Executive (Legal and Compliance) Touhidul Islam Chowdhury filed a case against Bikash.

On February 18, Nagad Senior Executive (Legal and Compliance) Touhidul Islam Chowdhury filed a case against Bikash.

Dhaka — The Police Bureau of Investigation () has found that ran a campaign against its rival mobile financial services (MFS) company . The police agency has submitted a report in this regard to the court.

On February 18, Nagad Senior Executive (Legal and Compliance) Touhidul Islam Chowdhury filed a case against Bikash. The statement said that a criminal gang, jealous of the reputation of the cash, was organizing and printing and distributing leaflets to cause business loss to the organization and create adverse reaction among the people.

A leaflet titled ‘Think about it’ was distributed at various times in various markets and crowded places including around 3 lakh outlets of Nagad Limited across the country. This has damaged the financial and social reputation of the cash.

The postal department owns 51% of the cash in the state-owned enterprise. The remaining 49 % shares are owned by Third Wave Technologies Limited.

The statement further said that the company’s reputation and financial damage have been tarnished by spreading propaganda, fraud and defamatory rumors through pre-planned distribution of leaflets.

After accepting the case, the court directed the Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) to verify the truth.

On February 28, the PBI started investigating the case. The company submitted a detailed report to the court at the end of the investigation.

Investigating officer PBI Inspector of Police Mesbah Uddin said, “We have been asked to report whether the cash allegations are true or not.” We have reported that the facts are true. The Nagad complaint is correct. ‘

The PBI’s investigation report said it had found evidence of the involvement of 16 bKash officials.

The report further said that during the investigation, it was learned that Nazmul Karim, Cluster Business Head of bKash Limited and Abduhu Sufi, Regional Manager had sent leaflets from their mobile numbers to others to deliver leaflets from WhatsApp group ‘Central North Cluster’.

After sharing, printing and delivering the leaflets, they all deleted the leaflets from the WhatsApp group. Reviewing their statements, it is seen that in the interest of the job, they have done this to benefit the bKash company financially and to discredit and financially harm Nagad.

Asked about this, bKash officials did not agree to any comment till the end of the case.

Shamsuddin Haider Dalim, chief public relations officer of the organization, told, “The matter is now under investigation. The PBI has submitted their report to the court. There will be a hearing. Whether they will accept this report or not, whether it will be sued or not, there are many processes.

‘It is not appropriate to comment on this under investigation. What they have found in the investigation, they have to prove in court, whichever side he is. It is a long process. So, we can’t comment until the process is over. “

Subscribe to receive the day's headlines from Tech Observer straight in your inbox

- Advertisement -

Your Comment on this Story


Share on activity feed

Powered by WP LinkPress


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Subscribe to our Newsletter

83000+ Industry Leaders read it everyday

By subscribing you agree to our Privacy Policy, T&C and consent to receive newsletters and other important communications.
- Advertisement -ESDS SAP HANA Community Cloud
- Advertisement -


- Advertisement -