Reliance Jio has started selling its low-cost smartphone — Jiophone Next. The made-in-India smartphone, designed in collaboration with Google, can be purchased at Reliance Retail’s JioMart stores, online at jio.com, or via a WhatsApp message.
As a process, the buyers, however, must first register on the Jio website or WhatsApp in order to purchase the phone.
How to buy Jiophone Next smartphone?
- Pre-registered buyers can do so on Jio’s website or via WhatsApp.
- To register, you must enter your name and mobile phone number. An OTP is generated and sent to the mobile number associated with your account for validation. After entering this OTP, your registration will be complete.
- Customers can register for WhatsApp by sending a ‘Hi’ to 7018270182.
- You must share your location with others. You will receive information about the nearest store that stocks the phone.
- After the booking is confirmed, you can collect the device from a nearby Jio store.
Price, Payment Plan, and Data Capacity of Jiophone Next
The phone will start at Rs 1,999 and the remaining balance can be paid in easy EMIs of Rs 300-600 over the next 18-24 months, depending on the EMI plan selected. Customers who choose the installment option will receive unlimited data and voice calls on a daily or monthly basis, depending on their EMIs.
The following table summarises all available payment options.
Always On Plan: Rs 300 per month for 24 months * Rs 350 per month for 18 months * 5GB data plus 100 minutes of Talktime per month. Rs 450 for 24 months * Rs 500 or 18 months * 1.5GB data per day in addition to unlimited voice calling
XL Plan: Rs 500 for 24 months * Rs 550 for 18 months * 2GB data per month in addition to unlimited voice calling
XXL Plan: Rs 550 for 24 months * Rs 600 for 18 months * 2.5 GB data per month in addition to unlimited voice calling
Additionally, Jio charges a processing fee of Rs 501.
Without Financing: Rs 6,499 rupees
Next: Jio Phone Specifications
Dual Sim: While the data service will be available only through a Jio SIM card, customers will be able to make voice calls using a SIM card from another service provider.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 215 processor
13MP rear camera
8MP front camera
Dedicated SD card
3.5mm audio jack
The JioPhone Next will ship preloaded with a variety of Jio and Google apps, as well as features such as voice assistant, read aloud, translate, and night mode picture. The device will be powered by Google’s Android operating system and a Qualcomm chipset.