Wednesday, October 20, 2021
-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-

Postal dept receives Tk3 cr 32 lakh from Nagad

Secretary of Posts and Telecommunications Afzal Hossain received the check from Safayet Alam, executive director of Nagad. Director General of the Postal Department Siraj Uddin and other top officials were present at the time.

Dhaka: The Mobile financial service ‘Nagad’ is the most profitable of the postal services,  a revenue of Tk3 crore 31 lakh 94 thousand 877 has been handed over as part of the postal department from their income in the financial year ‘Nagad 2020-21’.

This information was given by ‘Nagad’ on Monday. According to Nagad, at a function held at the conference room of the Department of Posts and Telecommunications recently, the Nagad’ authority handed over the checks due to the postal department.

Secretary of Posts and Telecommunications Afzal Hossain received the check from Safayet Alam, executive director of Nagad. Director General of the Postal Department Siraj Uddin and other top officials were present at the time.

According to the agreement, the postal department owes 51 per cent of the total revenue from the services of ‘Nagad’. The remaining 49 % goes to ‘Nagad’ Limited. Prior to the 2019-2020 financial year, the postal department received Tk 1.12 crore from Nagad. Which increased threefold in the last financial year.

After receiving the check, Afzal Hossain, Secretary, Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications, said that the Postal Department and Third Wave Technologies Limited launched the ‘cash’ service in 2017 through an agreement. Over time, Nagad has come a long way.

Secretary Afzal Hossain said, ” Nagad’ ” has taken a strong place among all the mobile financial services available in the country. The customers and revenue of ‘Nagad’ is increasing day by day. The Prime Minister himself started the transaction of ‘Nagad’ with Tk10 thousand. ‘Cash’ is owned by the Department of Posts and Telecommunications, it is universally recognized. I believe that ‘Nagad’ will play a huge role in serving the people and will make a significant contribution to building a cashless society at some point. ‘Nagad’ will emerge as a full-fledged information technology service in the coming days, overcoming obstacles or difficulties along the way.

“At present, we are in the second position, I believe that very soon ‘cash’ will be able to go to the first position and serve the country and the people.”

Safayet Alam, executive director of ‘Nagad’, said at the time, ‘Nagad has been conducting all activities as per the instructions of the postal department from the beginning. The revenue received by the postal department in the last year is much higher than the previous year. He hopes that with the trust and love of the people of the country, Nagad will be able to give more revenue to the postal department in the coming days.

ALSO READ

Subscribe to receive the day's headlines from Tech Observer straight in your inbox

- Advertisement -

DISCUSSION

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -Digital Senate

RELATED ARTICLES

Enable Notifications    OK No thanks