The Delhi Government’s Directorate of Education (DoE) released the rules for admission to the Schools of Specialized Excellence (SoSE). The application period will begin on August 12, and will conclude on August 19, 2021. Students interested in applying for admission to SoSEs connected with the Delhi Board of School Education (DBSE) should visit edudel.nic.in/sose.
Additionally, the Delhi Government stated today, that schools connected with DBSE will provide classes based on the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum.
The DBSE-affiliated SoSE is designed for students in Classes 9 to 12 who have a strong ability and enthusiasm in specific areas of study, such as Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), Humanities, Performing and Visual Arts, and Advanced 21st Century Skills.
Admission Guidelines For Delhi’s Schools Of Specialized Excellence (SoSE)
- Admission to already operating schools will be based on an aptitude exam administered at these 20 or neighbouring schools between August 23 and 29, 2021.
- Admission to Class 9 will be available in all four types of SoSEs.
- Admission to STEM SoSE will be extended to Class 11 in addition to Class 9.
- At least 50% of seats in each SoSE will be reserved for students attending government schools, with the remaining seats available to students attending any recognized school in Delhi.
- Reservation and age-related eligibility for admission will be in accordance with the Directorate of Education, Government of Delhi Eligibility.
- Students enrolled in any of Delhi’s government-run or recognized schools would be eligible to apply for admission (along with valid residence proof).
- Admission to Class 9 of any SoSE requires a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Class 8. In the case of Performing and Visual Arts, the minimum mark requirement may be removed if the candidate has won an award in any Art form at a zonal or higher-level competition.
- Admission to STEM Class 11 requires a minimum of 75% aggregate grades (best of five subjects including Science and Mathematics) in Class 10.
- Students belonging to reserved categories will receive a 5% grade reduction.