SSC CGL Tier II paper analysis: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is conducting Combined Graduate Level Examination (Tier-II), 2017 from February 17 to February 22, 2018 for 1,89,843 candidates across the country. On the first day, SSC CGL 2017 Tier II exam were held across 206 venues in 69 cities in two shifts. The first paper was held from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and the second paper took place from 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm. Eexcept at one venue, Animate Infotech, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, New Delhi whose Shift-II exam has been cancelled, were held peacefully. According to experts and candidates who appeared in the SSC CGL 2017 Tier II examination, the English Language paper was moderate and Quantitative Ability paper was difficult.
SSC CGL Tier II paper analysis
|Subjects||No. of Qs||Marks||Negative Marking||Difficulty Level||Good Attempts|
|English Language||200||200||0.25 Marks||Moderate||135-145 Qs|
|Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||0.5 Marks||Difficult||50-60 Qs|
SSC CGL Tier II paper analysis: English Language
According some of the coaching institutes, SSC CGL Tier II Exam, English language section was of easy to moderate level and gave relief to SSC CGL Aspirants to overcome the difficulties that candidates faced in SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude. Questions were lengthy in sentence arrangement. There were 3 Reading comprehensions of easy level but 2 of them had lengthy questions.
|Topics||No. Of Questions||Level Of Difficulty|
|1||Spot the error||20||Easy-Moderate|
|2||Fill In the Blanks||5||Easy-Moderate|
|5||Spelling/detecting mis-spelt words||3||Easy-Moderate|
|6||Idioms & Phrases||11-12||Moderate|
|7||One word substitution||9-10||Easy|
|8||Improvement of sentences||22-23||Easy-Moderate|
|9||Active/Passive voice of verbs||20||Easy-Moderate|
|10||Conversion into direct/indirect narration||20||Easy-Moderate|
- Reading Comprehension – 30 Qs
- Sentence Improvement – 20-22 Qs
- Cloze Test – 22-24 Qs
- Idioms & Phrases – 11-12 Qs
- Error Spotting – 20 Qs
- Fill in the blanks – 5 Qs
- Mis-Spelt word – 3 Qs
- One word substitution – 9-10 Qs
- Synonyms & Antonyms – 6 Qs
SSC CGL Tier II Questions Asked
- Find the synonyms of the word “Gazzle”, “Tempestuous”.
- Idioms phrases –
→ Give it a whirl
→ Weather the storm
→ Green willow
→ Study of snakes
→ One who eats mud
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Analysis: Quantitative Ability
Many candidates said that the quantitative Aptitude paper was of slightly difficult level, they more difficult than some of the previous examination. Paper seems to be slightly higher difficulty level as seen in SSC CGL 2016 Tier-2 exam. Questions asked were new and this is the reason aspirants found the paper to be on tougher side.
- Data Interpretation – 5 Qs
- Profit & Loss – 9-10 Qs
- Ratio – 4-5 Qs
- Time Speed & Distance – 4-5 Qs
- Algebra – 10-11 Qs
- Number System – 3-4 Qs
- Percentage – 2-3 Qs
- CI & SI – 4-5 Qs
- Geometry – 7-8 Qs
- Average – 3-4 Qs
- Time & Work – 4-5 Qs
- Mensuration – 10 -12 Qs
- Trigonometry – 6-7 Qs
- Mixture – 2-3 Qs
- The questions asked in today’s Quantitative Aptitude subjects are as follow:
- Find the number of months that will amounts to Rs___ compounded semiannually at the rate of 20%.
- If (a+b)/c=7/9 and (b+c)/a=11/5 then, find the value of c?
- If the ratio of curved surface area and total surface area of a cylinder is 2:1, then find out the volume of the cylinder?
- A certain amount is divided into 3 people. X gets 2/7 of what Y gets and Y gets 4/9 of what Z gets. Then by how much amount more Z gets than A?
- Find the rate of interest if the Simple interest is 8000 and the compound interest is 8164 for two years.
- A cuboid having sides 30×50×40 is divided into 8 equal parts by cutting 3 times. Find out the total surface area of all the parts?
- Find the numbers between 1000 and 9999 which are divisible by 253?
- What is the unit digit of the sum of first 111 whole numbers?
- A sphere is put inside a hollow cone having base radius r. Find the ratio between the radius of sphere and the hollow cone?
- Two trains having speed _ km/h and _ km/h. If second train reaches destination late by 8 minutes than first one. Due to some technical failure on first train it now reaches destination late by 12 minutes. Find out the distance between the two station?