The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) which conducts CPT examination has released the admit card for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) December 2017 examination on its official website. The examination is scheduled to be held on December 17. Now, all the candidates who have applied for ICAI CA CPT December 2017 Exam can go to the website of ICAI to download their admit card. As mentioned in the brochure, the ICAI CPT admit card will not be sent to candidates via any other means, they will have to download it online.
How to download ICAI CA CPT December 2017 Exam
- Go to the ICAI website –icai.org
- Login using your Login ID (i.e. Registration Number) and password
- Click on the link in front of admit card
- Admit cad will be displayed
- Take a printout and download it on your computer
ICAI CA CPT December 2017 Exam will be conducted in two sessions – from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. The candidates will have to appear for the exam of Fundamentals of Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics, and Quantitative Aptitude. The Correction window-2 for Application Form correction will be available from November 28 to December 09, 2017.
ICAI CA CPT December 2017 Exam
Following are the important dates of ICAI CA CPT December 2017 Exam.
|Last date to register with ICAI for CPC course||30 Jun 2017|
|Availability of application form for CA CPT Ded 2017 from||04 Oct 2017|
|Last date for application form submission||25 Oct 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee||01 Nov 2017|
|Application form Correction Window – I||03 Nov 2017 – 09 Nov 2017|
|Admit card download begins on icai.nic.in||23 November 2017|
|Application form Correction Window – 2||28 Nov 2017 – 09 Dec 2017|
|CA CPT December 2017 will be held on||17 Dec 2017|
|CA CPT Result of 2017 declaration||4th week of February 2018|
Following are the schedule of different section.
- Section A for Fundamentals of Accounting – 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Section B for Mercantile Laws – 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Section C for General Economics – 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Section D for Quantitative Aptitude – 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
In all, there will be four sections in the examination. These will be distinguished through A, B, C and D.
ICAI CA CPT December 2017 Exam Pattern
ICAI CA CPT December 2017 Exam or the Common Proficiency Test, is an objective type multiple choice questions based examination.
|Section A – Fundamentals of Accounting||60|
|Section B – Mercantile Laws||40|
|Section C – General Economics||50|
|Section D – Quantitative Aptitude||50|
To become a Chartered Accountant, eligible candidate must enroll with the ICAI for CPC (Common Proficiency Course) after passing class X examination. After appearing the class XII or equivalent Senior Secondary Examination, candidate needs to appear in the CA CPT examination.
As revised in terms of the decision of the Council taken at its 317th meeting in pursuance of Notification No. I-CA(7)/145/2012 dated 1st August 2012 and made effective from CPT held in Dec 2013 and onwards, the requirement for Passing the Common Proficiency Test is as follows.
- A candidate for the Common Proficiency Test shall ordinarily be declared to have passed the test if he/she obtains at one sitting a minimum of thirty percent marks in each section and a minimum of fifty percent marks in the aggregate of all the sections comprised in CPT (Examination), subject to the principle of negative marking, in such manner as may be determined by the Council from time to time.
- Candidates securing a minimum of 60 percent marks upto 10th Rank will be issued Rank Certificate within 4 weeks of the declaration of result provided a minimum of 2,500 candidates appear in the CPT held on a particular day.
Following are the minimum qualifying marks.
|Session||Section||Subject||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks|
|Morning||A||Fundamentals of Accounting||60||18|