The Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board will conduct UPTET 2017 examination across the state on October 15, 2017. The last date to submit online application form and correction to be made in the form have ended on September 19. Now, the board is in full swing to make necessary preparation for conducting UPTET 2017 examination. As informed by the board earlier that UPTET Admit card 2017 will be released few weeks before examination, the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board is likely to release the UPTET Admit card 2017 soon. Once released, the admit card will be made available for download on the board website – upbasiceduboard.gov.in. To download the admit card, candidates will have to use their user id and password or enter their Registration No. and Date of Birth on the website. In case of any discrepancy observed in UP TET Admit Card 2017, candidates should immediately contact [email protected] The board will not send any hard copy to any candidate.
UPTET 2017 is scheduled to be held on October 15, 2017. It is likely to be conducted in two shifts in over 200 centers across Uttar Pradesh. Every year UPTET is organised to recruit teachers for government schools from classes 1 to 8. The exam is mandatory for a teaching job in Uttar Pradesh. As per scheme of examinations, there will be two papers in the exam – one for teachers for class 1 to 5 and one for class 6 to 8. The exam will consist of objective type questions. For teachers of class 1 to 5, minimum academic qualification is either a Bachelor degree or intermediate. For teachers of class 6 to 8, minimum academic qualification required is a Bachelor degree. There are other additional academic qualifications, for which a candidates should refer the detailed advertisement for UPTET.
UPTET 2017 Exam
One must score minimum of 60% to clear the exam. This means that out of 150 marks, one must score 90 marks to qualify the exam. Candidates who qualify the exam will be awarded the UPTET Eligibility Certificate. It is valid for 5 years. According to reports, over 5 lakh candidates register for UPTET each year. Last year, about 2,37,620 candidates appeared for the exam, out of which 87,353 managed to pass it.
Paper 1 – Primary Level i.e. for Class 1 till Class 5.
Paper 2 – Upper Primary Level i.e. for Class 6 to Class 8.
UPTET 2017 Important Dates
- Commencement of application process online: August 25, 2017
- Commencement of application fee payment: August 26, 2017
- Last date to register online: September 8, 2017 till 6:00 pm
- Last date to pay application fee: September 11, 2017
- Last date to complete online application process: September 13, 2017 till 6:00 pm
- Correction in application form: September 15, 2017 (12:00 pm) to September 19, 2017 (till 6:00 pm)
Steps to download UPTET Admit Card 2017
- Go to official website of Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board at upbasiceduboard.gov.in
- Click on UPTET 2017
- It will take you to the page with the UPTET 2017 details
- Click on the admit card link once it is activated by the board.
- Enter your registration no and other details asked there
- After submitting the form, your UPTET Admit card 2017 will be displayed
- Download it and get a print copy for future reference
UPTET Exam Pattern for Primary Level (Paper – I)
|S.N.||Subject||Number of question||Marks||Total Time|
|1||Child development & Pedagogy||30||30||150 Minutes|
|3||Language – 1||30||30|
|4||Language – 2||30||30|
UPTET Exam Pattern for Upper Primary Level (Paper – II)
|S.N.||Subjects||Number of Question||Marks||Total Time|
|1||Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30||150 Minutes|
|2||Language – 1||30||30|
|3||Language – 2||30||30|
|4||Science & Mathematics OR Social Science||60||60|
- Candidates can not choose the same language for both language subject.
- Mathematics and Science for Maths and Science teachers (Science Background students). Social Science for Social Science teachers (Art Background students).
UPTET 2017 Syllabus
Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test includes five subjects Child development, Mathematics, Hindi Language, English Language & Environmental Studies. Topic wise complete detail of the subject is given below.
|Subject Name||Detail of Topics|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||
|Language Knowledge (Hindi, English, Urdu, Sanskrit etc)||